Four words that can be life-changing.
“Can I Kiss You?” is one of the most sought-after school assemblies for creating a safe, age appropriate look at consent, respect in relationships, boundaries, bystander intervention, and working to reduce sexual assault in your community.Each year, the program is delivered hundreds of times to over tens of thousands of audience members.
Inclusive for all genders and sexual orientations.
In a 45 to 60 minute “Can I Kiss You?” program, middle school and high school students discover specific how-to skills for:
- Determining the right age to date and who is right for them to date
- Distinguishing healthy emotional and physical boundaries for relationships
- Requiring verbal consent before sexual intimacy
- Intervening when friends “Hook Up” under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Supporting survivors of sexual assault (including going to local crisis center).
While most school presentations try to solely raise a teen’s awareness, “Can I Kiss You?” is focused on getting preteens and teens to take personal responsibility and to make positive, healthy choices for themselves and their peers.
Feedback from Middle School & High School Educators
You did a great job imparting lessons and strategies for the kids to take with them. I was apprehensive at first because I saw the clip online and didn’t know if you would gear your discussion to middle schoolers, but I shouldn’t have worried. Your language and examples were right on target for our age group. They were riveted in their seats when you talked about your sister. They asked good questions and were genuinely interested because of your active, engaging style. . I was particularly touched when you talked about girls paying their own way. This empowers young women and gives them back a semblance of control. Our generation was not taught that concept.
– Yvonne McGilvary, Teacher St. Charles School Burlington (WI)